BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Ames Community Theater (ACTORS). Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand time/resource commitments of this leadership position and desired skills for incoming Board members. Please read through the entire application and Board Member Responsibilities before you begin filling it out.
By submitting this application, you acknowledge that you have read the Board Member Responsibilities in their entirety.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the ACTORS office. Applications are used by the Board’s Ad Hoc Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. All new board members are elected by a majority vote of the ACTORS membership during the Annual Meeting in July of each year.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve a minimum of one (1) three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve two (2) three-year terms if re-elected.
2. Attend all monthly Board Meetings. The Full Board of Directors meets the 2nd Sunday of every month starting at 7:00 p.m.
3. Make a serious commitment to participate actively in ACTORS activities. ACTORS is a working board where each director participates on a committee and/or production.
4. Stay informed about ACTORS matters, is prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Builds a collegial working relationship with other board and committee members that contributes to consensus.
6. Represents ACTORS appropriately and professionally in public and the community.
7. Participates in the positive development and advancement of ACTORS.
ACTORS MISSION STATEMENT
The Ames Community Theater was founded in 1956 and has been entertaining the Ames and surrounding areas ever since. The mission of ACTORS is to provide leadership in the performing arts for the people of central Iowa through live theatrical presentations and educational opportunities for all ages.