Dates & Times
January 26, 27, 28,
February 3, 4,
Ticket Box Location InfoAlpha Copies, 3615 Lincoln Way
The Importance of Being Earnest
by Oscar Wilde
The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
What's in a name? Well...it turns out a lot! Set in nineteenth century England, this play explores the fledgling personal relationships of two young couples and one...well...not so young couple. Love may be blind, but who would have thought it would hinge on a name like Earnest?
November 13-14. 7:00 PM Doors open at 6:30 PM ACTORS Studio, 120 Abraham Drive
Casting 5 men and 3 women
- Jack Worthing (Ernest), a young gentleman from the country, in love with Gwendolen Fairfax.
- Algernon Moncrieff, a young gentleman from London, the nephew of Lady Bracknell, in love with Cecily Cardew.
- Gwendolen Fairfax, a young lady, loved by Jack Worthing.
- Lady Bracknell, a society lady, Gwendolen's mother.
- Cecily Cardew, a young lady, the ward of Jack Worthing.
- Miss Prism, Cecily's governess.
- The Reverend Canon Chasuble, the priest of Jack's parish.
- Lane, Algernon's manservant.
- Merriman, the butler of Jack's country house.